Sugar Cookie Recipe #4
- 1/2 cup Butter Shortening
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sugar (for rolling>
- 48 foil-wrapped milk chocolate pieces, unwrapped
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- CREAM together shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat well.
- STIR together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Beat on low speed until stiff dough forms.
- SHAPE into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- TOP each cookie immediately with an unwrapped chocolate piece
(Kiss), pressing down firmly so that cookie cracks around edge. Remove from cookie sheets to cool.